Premier League Preview: Wolves - Arsenal
The Molineux outfit has lost its last six Premier League games under interim boss Terry Connor but earned a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture in December.
By George Ankers
Zubar, Stearman, Bassong, Ward
Kightly, Henry, Edwards, Jarvis
Sagna, Djourou, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Arteta, Song, Rosicky
Walcott, Van Persie, Benayoun
Jamie O'Hara, Stephen Hunt and Jody Craddock remain out with injury for Terry Connor's Wolves as he seeks to overcome a poor run of form.
Sylvain Ebanks-Blake was preferred up front against Stoke City but Kevin Doyle could be in line for a return on Wednesday.
Richard Stearman could continue at center back, after moving inside to accommodate Ronald Zubar while Roger Johnson is set to stay out of the picture after Connor opted to replace the controversial center back with Karl Henry as the club's captain.
Arsenal has no new injury concerns, though the club is still without Jack Wilshere, Per Mertesacker (both ankle), Emmanuel Frimpong (knee), Francis Coquelin and Abou Diaby (both hamstring).
The team will also be missing center back Laurent Koscielny as the Frenchman incurred a suspension for picking up his 10th yellow card of the campaign against Manchester City on Sunday.
Yossi Benayoun came in for the Gunners as they beat City 1-0 and Arsene Wenger is likely to stick with the 4-3-3 formation that won that game.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wolves have lost their last six games and are the Premier League's bottom side with 22 points from 32 games.
- The home side has conceded a league-high 70 goals so far this season.
- Behind 11-goal Steven Fletcher, Wolves' second-highest league goalscorer is winger Matt Jarvis (pictured right), who has just five.
- The Molineux outfit kept clean sheets in two of its first three Premier League games, on Aug. 21 and 27, but has failed to keep any side out since then.
- Wolves have yet to score a league goal in the first 10 minutes of a match.
- Arsenal has won seven of its last eight matches.
- The Gunners were held to a 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium by Wolves on Dec. 27, Fletcher's equalizer cancelling out an early Gervinho strike.
- Robin van Persie has scored more goals in all competitions this season (36) than the entire Wolves squad has scored in the Premier League so far (34).
- Arsenal has conceded five own goals in the league this term while Terry Connor's side has leaked just two.
- The Gunners have not lost to Wolves in any competition since Sept. 29, 1979, when they were beaten 3-2 in the old Division One. There have been 18 meetings between the two clubs since.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-3 Arsenal FC
- 22.88 %
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-4 Arsenal FC
- 15.97 %
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Arsenal FC
- 14.57 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2012-04-11||Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - Arsenal FC 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2011-12-27||Arsenal FC 1 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2011-02-12||Arsenal FC 2 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2010-11-10||Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2010-04-03||Arsenal FC 1 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 0|
|2013-05-04||Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 0||ENG2|
|2013-04-27||Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 - Burnley 2||ENG2|
|2013-04-20||Charlton Athletic 2 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 1||ENG2|
|2013-04-16||Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 - Hull City 0||ENG2|
|2013-04-13||Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 - Huddersfield Town 3||ENG2|
|Returns:||Wolves $710.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
|Returns:||Draw $460.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
|Returns:||Arsenal $10.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
|31||Dorus De Vries||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed