Blackburn - Norwich City Preview: Steve Kean's side aim to halt run of five straight defeats
Three points from safety and with just four matches remaining to save themselves, Rovers must get back to winning ways against Paul Lambert's 11th-placed Canaries
By Alex Richards
Lowe, Orr, Dann, Martin Olsson
Hoilett, Dunn, Pedersen, Marcus Olsson
Martin, R Bennett, Ward, Drury
E Bennett, Hoolahan, Pilkington
Blackburn manager Steve Kean has major injury concerns over 16-goal top-scorer Yakubu (knee) and defender Grant Hanley (ankle) after the 3-0 defeat by Swansea last weekend. Junior Hoilett should be able to shrug off a hamstring problem though.
Meanwhile, French defender Gael Givet, who has denied asking not to play last weekend, could be in the squad.
Norwich manager Paul Lambert may have defender Zak Whitbread available for the first time since he picked up a calf injury in the defeat at Fulham on March 31. Left-back Marc Tierney and striker James Vaughan remain long-term absentees.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Blackburn have lost five Premier League matches in a row for the first time since December 2008, when Paul Ince was manager.
- Rovers have conceded 73 goals this season so far - only four sides have conceded more after 34 games in the history of the Premier League.
- Blackburn are the only side to have both won the Premier League (1994-95), and suffered the ignomony of relegation (1998-99), since its inception in 1992.
- Ewood Park has witnessed just five home wins this season, and one draw, in the 17 matches thus far.
- In 1994, Blackburn signed striker Chris Sutton from Norwich, for a then-English record transfer fee of £5 million.
- Norwich City have won 11 matches in their first season in the Premier League since 2004-05, and could still finish as high as seventh.
- None of Norwich's last eight league fixtures away from Carrow Road have ended in draws - they have won four and lost four games.
- Apart from Wayne Rooney, Norwich captain Grant Holt (pictured) is the top-scoring Englishman in the Premier League this season (13).
- The Canaries have kept just two clean sheets so far this season; only West Bromwich Albion (2010-11) have had fewer after 34 Premier League matches.
- Only two sides outside the top-six in the Premier League have scored 45 goals or more this season: Blackburn Rovers and Norwich City. Both teams to score is priced at 4/7 with Bet365.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Blackburn Rovers 1-2 Norwich City
- 18.92 %
Blackburn Rovers 2-1 Norwich City
- 8.78 %
Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Norwich City
- 8.11 %
|Premier League (EPL)||21 Apr 2012||Blackburn Rovers 2 - Norwich City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Oct 2011||Norwich City 3 - Blackburn Rovers 3|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||24 Aug 2010||Blackburn Rovers 3 - Norwich City 1|
|4 May 2013||Birmingham City 1 - Blackburn Rovers 1||ENG2|
|27 Apr 2013||Blackburn Rovers 1 - Crystal Palace 1||ENG2|
|23 Apr 2013||Millwall 1 - Blackburn Rovers 2||ENG2|
|20 Apr 2013||Watford 4 - Blackburn Rovers 0||ENG2|
|16 Apr 2013||Blackburn Rovers 1 - Huddersfield Town 0||ENG2|
|Returns:||Blackburn £21.00||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Draw £560.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Norwich City £810.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
The 32-year-old midfielder knows what its like to play in a Rovers side relegated from the top-flight and he'll be doing his best to ensure it doesn't happen again. Dunn has only two goals to his name this season but was the only player in a Rovers shirt who showed any threat during the loss at Swansea, and the talented schemer will be striving to ensure the fans at Ewood Park celebrate three points.
The diminutive playmaker has proved vital to Paul Lambert's side this season, with his industrious performances at the heart of the Canaries midfield. Teamed with his natural creativity and ability to find space in between the lines, Hoolahan's probing has caused problems for even the most stubborn of defences and he'll be looking to impress Ireland boss Giovanni Trappatoni in the hope of securing a place in the Irish squad at Euro 2012.
Norwich are secure in mid-table and could be forgiven for thinking that with Premier League safety ensured it's a case of job done. Rovers on the other hand are three points from safety and desperately need a result in front of their home supporters. Steve Kean's side have tended to perform when the situation has seemed dire this season, and this could well be another of those occasions.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed