- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Liverpool - Chelsea Preview: Reds look to avenge FA Cup loss against Blues
Merseysiders will hope for a win at Anfield after just five home victories all season, but the Blues will hope for another victory to boost morale ahead of Champions League final
By Arthur Virgo
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing, Downing
Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand
Ramires, Essien, Meireles
Sturridge, Torres, Malouda
Liverpool may start Andy Carroll in place of Craig Bellamy after the forward's arrival in Saturday's FA Cup final heralded a vastly improved display, but could name a line-up unchanged from the defeat.
With only pride to play for, manager Kenny Dalglish could look to give game time to squad players such as Maxi Rodriguez, Dirk Kuyt or Jonjo Shelvey.
Central midfielders Lucas and Charlie Adam are out for the rest of the season with knee injuries.
Chelsea are looking ahead to their Champions League final on Saturday week and will likely start suspended quartet Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Raul Meireles and Ramires. In any case, centre backs David Luiz and Gary Cahill are out with hamstring injuries.
Ryan Bertrand and Florent Malouda started against Newcastle last week and could retain their places, while Michael Essien was unused in the cup final and could be given a run-out.
Fernando Torres has started the last few league games under Roberto Di Matteo as has Daniel Sturridge, and the pair could be given the chance to end their season on a high at Anfield.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool are ninth in the table but have qualified for the Europa League next season with a League Cup win over Cardiff.
- The Reds' home form has been at the heart of the team's troubles this season, with just five wins at Anfield in the league.
- Kenny Dalglish's side are four points behind local rivals Everton in seventh place with a game in hand, and have not finished below them in the league since 1994.
- Luis Suarez is the club's top scorer with 11 league goals this season.
- Chelsea triumphed in Saturday's FA Cup final 2-1 after goals from Ramires and Drogba sealed victory despite a second half goal from Andy Carroll.
- The Blues' season will end in the Champions League final on 19 May against Bayern Munich at the German side's home - the Allianz Arena.
- Roberto Di Matteo's side are however in sixth place in the league and four points off the fourth placed Champions League position, meaning qualification through the league is out of their hands.
- Frank Lampard and Daniel Sturridge are the Blues' joint top scorers with 11 goals each in the league.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea Fc
- 20.13 %
Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea Fc
- 9.23 %
Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea Fc
- 8.66 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 21, 2013||Liverpool 2 - Chelsea Fc 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 11, 2012||Chelsea Fc 1 - Liverpool 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 8, 2012||Liverpool 4 - Chelsea Fc 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||May 5, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Chelsea Fc 2|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Nov 29, 2011||Chelsea Fc 0 - Liverpool 2|
|May 19, 2013||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Fulham 1 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Liverpool 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Newcastle United 0 - Liverpool 6||EPL|
|Apr 21, 2013||Liverpool 2 - Chelsea Fc 2||EPL|
|Returns:||Liverpool $21.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Draw $34.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Chelsea $34.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|25||José Reina Paez||Goalkeeper|
Times In WAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed