MLS Preview: New York Red Bulls - San Jose Earthquakes
New York, riding a four-game home win streak against San Jose and some heady goalscoring numbers, prepares to welcome the 'Quakes to Red Bull Arena.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Solli, Holgersson, Keel, Miller; Richards, Marquez, McCarty, Ballouchy; Cooper, Henry.
OUT: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee surgery recovery); MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Wilman Conde (groin strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Morrow, Corrales; Chavez, Cronin, Baca, Salinas; Stephenson, Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Tim Ward (L nonñspecific soft tissue injury)
DOUBTFUL: FW Alan Gordon (L hamstring strain); FW Steven Lenhart (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sercan Guvenisik (R hip flexor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose leads the all-time meetings against New York with a 15-10-7 record. However, the Red Bulls won one and drew away against the 'Quakes last season. New York now has a four-game home winning streak going against San Jose.
- Thierry Henry leads the league with seven goals and four assists. He has won the MLS Player of the Week award three times in a row, a record. He and Kenny Cooper (six goals) have outscored every other team thus far. Chris Wondolowski is tied with Cooper for second on the goalscoring charts, also with six.
- Each team is second in its conference.
- San Jose beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 3-1 last week to extend its winning streak to three in a row. Overall the 'Quakes have won four out of five and sit three points back of Real Salt Lake, which has played an extra game.
- The Red Bulls have also won three straight, becoming the first team in MLS to win three consecutive games by three goals or more. New York lost its first two games of the season.
Top 3 Predictions
New York Red Bulls 3-1 San Jose Earthquakes
- 26.09 %
New York Red Bulls 6-8 San Jose Earthquakes
- 13.04 %
New York Red Bulls 2-0 San Jose Earthquakes
- 13.04 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 10, 2013||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - New York Red Bulls 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 14, 2012||New York Red Bulls 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 2, 2011||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - New York Red Bulls 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 16, 2011||New York Red Bulls 3 - San Jose Earthquakes 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 4, 2010||New York Red Bulls 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 3|
|New York Red Bulls|
|May 11, 2013||New England Revolution 1 - New York Red Bulls 1||MLS|
|May 8, 2013||New York Red Bulls 2 - Montreal Impact 1||MLS|
|May 4, 2013||Columbus Crew 0 - New York Red Bulls 1||MLS|
|Apr 27, 2013||Toronto FC 1 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
|Apr 20, 2013||New York Red Bulls 4 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|-||Jan Gunnar Solli||Midfielder|
|-||Jhonny Alexandre Arteaga||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed